K & H Thermo-Pond 3.0
- World's most efficient patented and successful low-power pond de-icer
- Low power consumption of 100 watts
- Keeps a hole in the ice of backyard ponds for only pennies per day
- Floats on water surface
- Never becomes hot thanks to its thermostatic control
- Safely use with a plastic pond or a pond liner
- Friendly to fish--prevents the buildup of toxic gases under the ice
- Cold weather tested at -30F temperatures in northern Wisconsin
- MET Listed
- Warranty: 1-year
The K&H Thermo-Pond 3.0 is a unique de-icer that maintains a hole in pond ice for just pennies a day. It's the worldʹs most successful energy efficient pond heater!
An open hole in pond ice allows proper gas exchange and helps fish survive the winter. The Thermo-Pond 3.0 facilitates this exchange by maintaining a 12-inch hole in pond ice, even in sub-zero weather. Add this K&H pond de-icer to create a healthier environment for your fish this winter.
While other high-wattage de-icers can drive electric bills through the roof, the K&H Thermo-Pond 3.0 is easy on your budget. It consumes a mere 100 watts of power and operates for just pennies a day. With the money you'll save compared to running a traditional pond de-icer, the Thermo-Pond 3.0 can pay for itself in a few months.
Internal thermostats automatically turn the floating Thermo-Pond 3.0 on and off as needed. Our specialized technology ensures that your pond de-icer will only run as often as needed to maintain a 12-inch hole in the ice. Unlike some other heaters, Thermo-Pond will never burn a pond liner or plastic pond.
The K&H Thermo-Pond 3.0 has been tested and certified by MET Labs to meet their high standards for electrical product safety. This deicer will not burn your pond or liner and will not harm your fish.
Finding the deicer that is right for me
K&H has solved the problem of having to use those high wattage deicers by creating a whole line of de‐icers along with a convenient zone chart for you to choose the correct de‐icer. (See the K&H Pond Chart below) Simply find your zone and use the chart to match up your pond size to find the deicer that is perfect for you.
**Warning: Deicer must be in water at all times. Do not operate when heating element is not fully submerged in water.
Care & Instructions
Minimum Depth Requirement
Please make sure your pond has a depth of at least 18 inches.
Already Frozen Ponds
- If the ice on your pond is more than 2 inches thick, drill a hole with an ice auger and place the Thermo-Pond over the hole. Do not chop through the ice in smaller ponds as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish.
- If the ice is only 1 or 2 inches thick, place the Thermo-Pond on the ice and it will melt its way through the ice.
- Try to position your Thermo-Pond within arm’s reach of shore to avoid walking on thin ice.
- Snow and ice should be removed from the top of your Thermo-Pond.
- Always keep safety as your number one priority. Never walk on thin ice.
- Please consult your pond professional on tips for overwintering fish.