Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Ultra Grass Seed
Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Ultra Grass Seed mixture combines our most elite Black Beauty® tall fescue seed varieties with our best Kentucky bluegrass to fill in bare spots quickly and invigorate worn-out lawns. Black Beauty® Ultra also contains premium perennial ryegrass for fast germination and wear tolerance in lawns that experience heavy traffic. The Black Beauty® Ultra seed grows naturally dark-green turf and is most similar to the Black Beauty® seed mixtures that sod growers purchase from us to grow high-quality sod within one year. This seed germinates in 7 – 14 days.
- Our most popular grass seed mixture
- Fast establishment in newly seeded lawns, and fills in bare spots quickly in thin lawns
- Grows a lush lawn with a dark-green hue in full sun to partial shade growing conditions
- Excellent heat and disease resistance
- Germinates in 7 - 14 days
1 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 400 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 200 sq. ft.
3 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 600 sq. ft.
7 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 2,800 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 1,400 sq. ft.
25 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 5,000 sq. ft.
50 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 20,000 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 10,000 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Tall Fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, & Perennial Ryegrass
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Excellent
Shade Tolerance: Excellent
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade (4 – 8 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Planting Depth: ¼ inches
Germination Time: 7 – 14 days